KCPE 2011 - Results and Analysis

Originally posted on 2011-12-28T15:28:00Z at http://theonlinekenyan.com/2011/12/kcpe-2011-results-and-analysis.html

Go to: KCSE 2011 Results The KCPE 2011 results were officially released today. Here's how to get results from KNEC or via SMS.
Education Minister,Sam Ongeri

How to Get KCPE Results

There are two simple ways of getting results sent to you and all you'll need is an index number:
  • [KNEC]: Click HERE and enter the index number (via KNEC website).
  • Via SMS: SMS the index number to 5052
Otherwise, you could visit your school and get your results.

KCPE 2011 Results: Facts and Figures

776,214 students took part in the 2011 KCPE, with 1,299 South Sudanese candidates participating. KCPE 2011 results were the best as compared to the last 3 years, with top students in all counties scoring over 400 marks.
  • TOP STUDENTS: Christine Muthoni Kagiri of Tender Care Junior Academy School in Komarock Estate and Martin Irungu Waiharu of Moi Educational Center in Nairobi West tied in first place with 442 marks.They were followed closely by Herbert Karanja (441), Tito Yak (440) and Diana Adhiambo (439).
  • GENDER: The 2011 KCPE examination gender ratio stood at 51.6% in favour of boys and the remaining 48.4% comprising girls, where the system achieved near-parity. However, the top positions nationally were dominated by boys, with nine of the 14 candidates being male and majority of the counties having 50 to 80 percent of their top 10 candidates as male. 4 counties Nyandarua, Embu, Nairobi and Vihiga had more girls sitting the KCPE examination. Meanwhile Garissa and Mandera  and 12 other counties saw high gender imbalance of 71 percent and 70 percent boys in the noted counties, respectively.
  • IRREGULARITIES: Exam irregularities were registered in 335 of the 22,154 centres, an increase as compared to preceding years.
  • Best Perfoming Counties were: Kirinyaga, Nandi, Makueni, Uasin Gishu and Busia.
  • Worst Performing Counties were:  Kilifi, Lamu, Taita-Taveta, Kwale and Tana River.
        Compare to
KCPE 2010 Results